The AHJ is the authority having jurisdiction. In the 2008 version of NPFA 1001 Standards for fire fighter professional qualifications the AHJ is sited in many parts. The AHJ for you is the department or district you work for or whatever organizations govern how you as a fire fighter must operate. AHJ is used throughout certification processes including FFI skill sheets.
Articles in this section
- Why do some questions have IE5, JB2, IHM3, or JBHM with pages numbers after them?
- Can I separate the firefighter 1 questions into separate categories such as only rescue, building construction, or SCBA questions?
- What are the differences between firefighter 1 and 2 questions?
- Some fire quiz and exam website's state that they have specific tests for my state and the fire department I am testing for. Do they really have the specific exam that I need?
- Do you have specific state or county firefighter questions?
- Do you have any other types of tests for other fire disciplines such as instructors, fire officers, or driver/operators?
- I am a Training Officer and/or Chief. Can I use Fire-Fighter-Exam Questions to administer a fire department entrance exam for my department?
- Why do I keep seeing the same questions?
- What is AHJ?
- What should I do if I find an error in one of the questions or answers?